On Tuesday, April 05, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. (ET) Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Chairman Green and Ranking Member Emmer hosted a virtual hearing entitled, “An Enduring Legacy: The Role of Financial Institutions in the Horrors of Slavery and the Need for Atonement.”
Witnesses for this one-panel hearing were:
- Dr. Daina Ramey Berry, Oliver H. Radkey Regents Professor and Chair of the Department of History, University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. William A. Darity, Jr., Samuel DuBois Cook Professor of Public Policy, African and African American Studies, Economics, and Business, Duke University
- Dr. Sven Beckert, Laird Bell Professor of History, Harvard University
- Nikitra Bailey, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, National Fair Housing Alliance
- Dr. Sarah Federman, Assistant Professor at the School of Public and International Affairs, University of Baltimore
Dr. Darity’s presentation begins at the 17:15 mark in the video below.