we are (working to extend anti-racist education)
The purpose of we are (working to extend anti-racist education) is to equip students, parents, and educators with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the complexity of racism and to extend anti-racist education with the ultimate goal of dismantling systemic racism. Using a combination of week-long summer camps for students, professional development for teachers, and workshops for parents, we are provides a three pronged approach to addressing racial inequities in schools.
7 POINT THRUST
we are's objectives are to:
- FOSTER healthy racial identities in both youth and adults
- BUILD a historical understanding of racial constructs
- PROMOTE civic engagement and allyship with people of color on issues of racial justice
- DEVELOP strategies, techniques, and curriculum which extend anti-racist practices
- EQUIP families with tools and resources which extend anti-racist practices in the home and community
- CONDUCT research on the effectiveness of anti-racist education training
- USE research to inform local, state, and national policy regarding anti-racist education
Learn more about we are here.