The Cook Center is dedicated to equipping high school students with the knowledge and critical thinking skills needed to ensure a more equitable future.
In partnership with Durham County Public Schools and the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, we provide high school students with opportunities to enhance their writing, research, and presentation skills. High school students who participate in our programs are better prepared to engage in constructive dialogues that actively contribute to building a more just society.
The Hank and Billye Suber Aaron Young Scholars Summer Research Institute
Join the Hank and Billye Suber Aaron Young Scholars Summer Research Institute and immerse yourself in a transformative journey of academic exploration. As a proud initiative for Durham Public High School students, this institute stands as a testament to its namesakes' enduring values, offering participants unparalleled opportunities for growth.
- Expert-led Workshops. Gain insights and mentorship from seasoned academics throughout your research journey.
- Academic Research. Engage with captivating subjects, collaborate with established scholars, and experience the exhilaration of academic discovery.
- Network. Interact, collaborate, and build lasting connections with peers sharing your zeal for learning.
- Embrace the legacy. Shape your future and set forth on a journey destined to inspire, empower, and elevate through the power of research.
Learn more about joining the Young Scholars research institute here.
North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics Partnership
Dive into a world of research, innovation, and global significance. In partnership with the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics (NCSSM), the Cook Center provides one-on-one mentorship through current research projects and independent student projects with researchers and faculty affiliates.
Why this Partnership Matters:
- Expanding Horizons. Experience a diverse array of research areas and methodologies, enriching your academic narrative.
- Developing Connections. Network with scholars who are advancing the field of racial equity.
- Shaping the Future. With mentorship and hands-on exposure, we're nurturing the future's scholars, innovators, and researchers.
Together, we're laying the foundation for a future replete with inquiry, research, and passion. Embark on this unique journey with us.