10 Principles for a Federal Job Guarantee Webinar
Upcoming PolicyLink Webinar:
"10 Principles for a Federal Job Guarantee"
Wednesday, May 30
10:00 - 11:00 am PT / 1:00 - 2:00 pm ET
Featuring William A. Darity Jr., Founding Director of the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity and the Samuel DuBois Cook Professor of Public Policy, African and African American Studies, and Economics at Duke University and Darrick Hamilton, Associate Director of the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity and Professor of Economics and Urban Policy at The New School.
Amid rising economic insecurity, persistent racial inequities, and an uncertain future of work, a federal job guarantee is a big idea whose time has come. By ensuring that every person who wants to work has access to a quality job, a job guarantee could eliminate involuntary unemployment and raise the floor on low-wage work while building stronger communities.
To produce equitable outcomes, the policy must be designed with equity in mind. That is why PolicyLink, in partnership with William A. Darity Jr. and Darrick Hamilton of the Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity at Duke University, created a set of policy principles to guide the development of a federal job guarantee that delivers maximum benefits, particularly for those left behind in our current economy.
Join this webinar with job guarantee experts and advocates to learn more about these principles and how to use them to assess and craft policy proposals.
- Dr. Alan Aja, Associate Professor, Department of Puerto Rican and Latino Studies, Brooklyn College
- Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder and CEO, PolicyLink
- Ady Barkan, Director of Local Progress and Director of Fed Up, Center for Popular Democracy
- Dr. William Darity Jr., Samuel DuBois Cook Professor of Public Policy, Duke University
- Dr. Darrick Hamilton, Professor of Economics and Urban Policy, The New School
- Dr. Stephanie Kelton, Professor of Public Policy and Economics, Stony Brook University
- Sarah Treuhaft, Senior Director, PolicyLink (moderator)